Addressing specific challenges
Task groups have a finite life and are formed in order to perform a defined task e.g. production of IWA Scientific and Technical Report, Manual of Best Practice, Position Paper, etc. Unlike Specialist Groups, membership of, and participation in, a Task Group is by nomination and invitation only.
Currently ongoing task groups are:
There are also two task groups have just published their scientific technical reports:
IWA policy on task group formation and funding
• A task group has a finite life and is formed in order to perform a defined task e.g. production of IWA Scientific and Technical Report, Manual of Practice, Position Paper, etc.
• IWA or IWA Publishing retains copyright of all outputs from the task group (e.g. papers, reports, books).
• Each task group has a maximum life span of 3 years.
• Annual interim progress reports to be prepared for each Strategic Council Meeting.
• Any request for funding must be explicit on what the IWA funding would support. Funding may cover reasonable expenses incurred in preparing the product – e.g. economy class travel, accommodation, venue hire; not salary costs, overheads or equipment purchase.
• The IWA Board of Directors and Executive Director aim to encourage diversity of activity and will consider the relationship with existing task groups and other IWA groups when making decisions with regard to funding. No concurrent funding will be available for task groups on similar topics.
• Funding will only be approved on the basis of an agreed budget for the task group.
• The maximum amount of funding for each task group is €7,500.
• There is maximum funding of €2,500 per task group per year.
• There is a maximum of €10,000 available for funding task groups per year – i.e. a maximum of 4 fully funded task groups running at any one time.
• Costs will be reimbursed in arrears at periods of 12 months, 24 months, and on final delivery of the product. All requests for reimbursement must be supported by appropriate documentation (receipts, invoices, etc.).
Proposals for new task groups should be sent to Hong Li who will arrange for them to be reviewed by the Strategic Council SG sub-committee.
Approved: Paul Reiter, Executive Director, IWA, Date: 24/08/2005; revised November 2011.