Science and application of water treatment and management
As the premier global network of water professionals, many IWA members have a strong interest in the advances in water science, research and technology related to the treatment and management of water, wastewater and stormwater. It is through cooperative research and knowledge exchange within these fundamental topics that our understanding and approach to water treatment and management has advanced across the globe.
A majority of IWA’s specialist groups were formed to deal with specific aspects of the science and technology of water quality and its management worldwide and, as a corollary, many of IWA’s conferences, including the LET conference, also address these topics.
A broad outline of the topics covered includes:
- Wastewater treatment and transportation processes for domestic, industrial and municipal effluents and stormwater.
- Water treatment technologies, including wastewater reuse and recycling,
- Water distribution systems,
- Drinking water quality,
- Water pollutants, characteristics and effects
- Sources of pollution including hazardous wastes and source control.
- Policy, strategy, control and management aspects of water quality.